Sunday, September 1, 2013

Hooray for Concrete!

After several weeks of anticipation, the slab for our new home 
was poured last Monday, August 24th
The Instagram filter makes it look oh so pretty :)

Bill and I went over on Saturday and walked around a bit to get
a feel for where rooms and such will eventually be
 Bill in the home office

On the front porch - "would you like to come in?"
ps: no idea what is going on with my arm here...Bill caught me off guard :)

 They really elevated our house much further off the ground then 
we could have imagined (Bill looks tiny!). It's built into the hilly-ness of the property
 so that there's about an eight foot drop off on the south side. It will definitely give 
the house a much grander appearance once it's all finished!

I took a panoramic photo from the corner of the "office"
which makes the slab look enormous in comparison to its surroundings.

So that's where we're at right now. The builders should have
started framing already, but clearly, that has not happened.
We've been told our projected move in date has been pushed back to 
late November/early December (insert heart dropping out of chest here).
Frustration doesn't quite cover my feelings about this delay, but
I'm trying to accept it and stay patient. It will be our beautiful home
before I know it...just a blip in time that feels like its so so slow right now.

Hope you're having a great Labor Day weekend! Bill and I are heading
to the beach later this week to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary 
(speaking of time going by quickly, 5 years?!?!). I'll post photos when we get back!

1 comment:

  1. I love your attitude...I know it's so frustrating, but in the grand scheme of things, you will have this beautiful, new home to live in forever, so what's an extra month or two! Ha! I can't wait to come visit!

    ReplyDelete