Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Lights, Doors and few more "oops"


 The roof is finished! Hooray :)
 And the yard doesn't totally look like a disaster zone anymore,
which is nice, but I have a feeling is temporary until they begin working on the brick.

Some of the windows have arrived and are hanging out in the garage.
I know you can't really tell very well, but we choose a "three over one" pattern.
Having never picked out windows before, I was unaware of the multitude of styles
to choose from...but I like this one best, so here they are.

Here's a look at the family/kitchen/breakfast rooms. 
I'm a big fan of the open floor plan and can't wait to see how it all comes together.
Check out the shell for our fireplace in the corner left of the photo!

 Just to the left of where I took the previous photo is our study/office
There will be some nice french doors on it when it's finished.

"Oops #2"

This rather non-descript "bench" is in our master bathroom
and guess what??? It's not supposed to be! The basic plan called for a "drop-in"
style bathtub with a platform. Not really my thing, so I picked out a beautiful
soaker tub to go in it's place...which the builders knew about from the get-go, but 
just like that window that was supposed to be a door...here we are.
I had a chat about it with the contractor, so let's hope it get fixed sooner than later.
 Speaking of the half bath door (which was fixed after 2 weeks of persistent questioning),
here it is. It'll have to have a shade on it for privacy, but I like the light it will bring in.
French doors to the back porch. I didn't get a choice in these and
they're not really something I would have picked, but hey, that's what 
redecorating is for, right? (many, many years away to be sure)
 "Oops #3"
Apologies for the goofy angle of these doors - they're actually laying on 
their side and I rotated the photo so you can what they look like.
They're pretty, but... not what I picked out! Our front door is rectangular, 
NOT arched. I have no idea how this is going to be fixed, but I'll let you know!
Ok...on a nicer note, here's some of the lights I picked out.
This is the chandelier fixture for the formal dining room.
Apologies for the quality of these pictures, just snapped the pages of the catalogs.
 Foyer fixture - I'm not really crazy about this light.
I'd rather have a big, beautiful orb, but lighting is ridiciously expensive, 
and this is what fit in the budget. I'll just have to save my pennies to upgrade later.
 Drum pendant for entry to the master bath (basically the hall between our closets)
 Master bath and half bath fixtures
Jack & Jill bath and guest bath fixture

There's a nice drum pendant I picked out for the breakfast nook, but
I didn't get a picture of it. Lighting is one of the those things that 
I think I'll need some time to figure out what's going to mesh with 
furniture and decor, but I'm happy with most of my original choices.

So, that's all for today. I'll keep you posted on the "oops" situations.
Hope I don't need too many glasses of wine to cope with that (ha!).
Next steps - electrician is coming to rough in the wiring, then sheetrock and
brick should begin. Please continue to pray that these things get done in 
a timely fashion - we're about 8 weeks away from the apartment lease being up
and we really would love to move in before Thanksgiving. Tick, tock!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! I love it all...even the "oops'"! I'll be a prayin' that you can move in before Thanksgiving! It will be so beautiful...it already is! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete