This past weekend was one I had been looking forward to since
the day I moved to Alabama - my first trip back home! I didn't
actually get to go 'home' but it was just as exciting because I got to spend the
weekend with some of my very best girlfriends in Galena, IL.
For the 7 years now, a group of girls I worked with in the NICU at Rush have
trekked to the western edge of Illinois for a few days of relaxation at a house in the
Galena Territory at Eagle Ridge Resort. We've been able to stay in the same house
almost every year and have the menu planning, movie watching and spa visit
down to a science ...we eat, drink, nap and stay in our PJs. Very glamorous, I know.
The 1st of many glasses of wine consumed throughout the weekend
A sampling of the corks - it looked like we brought a small wine cellar with us!
We do a gift exchange which has varied themes over the years (including "As Seen On TV" gifts).
We did gift cards this year. I was the very happy recipient
of a Sephora gift card...as you may recall, I love this store!
Our group lovingly refers to Galena as 'Lena (the 'Ga' is just too much work). This
is not to be confused with the real town of Lena - which is not too far away in IL!
Taco Night! Tacos and Margaritas are had at our gathering every year.
Other traditions include annual viewings of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation,
Love Actually, The Holiday and (most importantly) Justin Timberlake's 2007 Sexyback Concert.
No judging on that last one -- especially when we start dancing around the living room...
No comments:
Post a Comment